Until we finish our studies, we feel like the most difficult benchmark is to be getting qualified. And once we are done with that , our next part of struggle is to land up in the right job.
But the story is not over yet, you are inside a well now, surrounded with lots of people around you, they are not emotionally attached with you. They will not entertain your excuses.
You are assigned with a list of responsibilities with the defined time limits for work deliveries. You would be under a massive tracking system through attendance, emails, system log-in time etc.
If you are a workaholic and disciplined person, you will not find the above as a burden, and can plan your job responsibilities accordingly.
But the most difficult scuffle for you can be the “inherent” nature of corporate toxic people. You may deal with the following set of people at corporate:
- Customers / Vendors
How does this toxic culture affects you:
- Toxic people especially the boss who is in a dominating position affects your motivation to learn & develop.
- You will be drained by engaging with unnecessary people with unnecessary gossips.
- You become the subject matter of toxic people to tease and prove their productivity.
- Toxic people are mostly insecure people, who like bringing you down for no reason, just to keep dominance & be secure.
- It’s not necessary that they affect you only when you deal with them; even their presence may create problem for your peace & growth.
Before I give you the solution, Remember the wordings of two great people:
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.Chanakya
“When people throw stones at you, don’t throw them back. Collect them all and build an empire.”Anonymous
Below are a few tips on how to minimize the risk of being trapped with toxic people / toxic culture:
- Avoid personalizing your official relations, especially with the people who positionally dominate you.
- Learn to identify the people with toxic nature, always keep a limited engagement with them.
- Never be a part of such gossip groups.
- Never make your personal or professional issues as the subject matter of discussion with them.
- Never blame your boss or management in front of them.
- Spend your time wisely, allocate more time with the people who are knowledgeable.
- Either learn to close the toxic conversations or avoid being a part of those by giving smart excuses like “I have an urgent work”, “I almost forgot, I need to join a meeting” etc.
- Avoid blindly trusting other’s statements.
Job becomes an amazing learning journey, if we start & live it properly planned with a conscious knowledge. “Job Career Journey” is a complete guide to cover the journey to start as a student and end up being an entrepreneur.